It measures 64"x73" finished.
There was a small potty crisis with my son while I was picking out the backing fabric...so I just tossed this yellow fabric I love in the cart and bought enough yardage to cover. I went back later for the binding, a random diagonal of multi-colored decending sized dots. It works really well with the multitude of colors in the whole project.
I managed to quilt it on my Brother machine in a random spiral pattern which completely interlocks over the whole quilt and was easy to navigate across it all. There are also straight quilts between the larger blocks to hold it in place.
You can see my very first quilt here, where I designed the whole thing and took a stab at needleturn applique. Looking back at it I was so quilt neive! Thanks Joanna for being a great teacher, and letting me quilt it all out for days on end at your kitchen table. I was sorry I could fit this quilt in my machine...I'll have to think up another excuse to go camp out in her kitchen!