Saturday, June 25, 2011

First Fresh Quilt

I am so excited to have finished up this quilt! It's my first full follow all the instructions quilt from Fresh Lemons. I really love how it turned out and I'm already planning my next one. Selfishly this one is for me and I've promised the next one for my little man.


It measures 64"x73" finished.

There was a small potty crisis with my son while I was picking out the backing fabric...so I just tossed this yellow fabric I love in the cart and bought enough yardage to cover. I went back later for the binding, a random diagonal of multi-colored decending sized dots. It works really well with the multitude of colors in the whole project.


I managed to quilt it on my Brother machine in a random spiral pattern which completely interlocks over the whole quilt and was easy to navigate across it all. There are also straight quilts between the larger blocks to hold it in place.


You can see my very first quilt here, where I designed the whole thing and took a stab at needleturn applique. Looking back at it I was so quilt neive! Thanks Joanna for being a great teacher, and letting me quilt it all out for days on end at your kitchen table. I was sorry I could fit this quilt in my machine...I'll have to think up another excuse to go camp out in her kitchen!

4 comments:

  1. Woah! When did this all happen?! I love love LOVE it!! You did an amazing job quilting and binding it. Don't worry, we were all naive when we first started quilting! There's really no other way to learn than to just do it, and you learn as you go. I'm still learning and I've been doing it for 18 years! I'm rather sad that your machine could handle the quilting. So not fair that I miss out on seeing you! We'll just have to make a trip out to Keene now that Summer's here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, this is gorgeous. Great job on the quilting. Sure do miss seeing all your projects and enthusiasm in person though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and fun! Well done, great work!

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

    ReplyDelete

Little notes and thoughtful thoughts are always welcome.